Web Case Study
VerbComm takes Xtreme Outdoors Online Marketing Efforts to A New Level
"Using VerbComm's approach we were able to understand the internet and the best way that we could create awareness of our TV show and sell more DVD's. VerbComm's developed an online marketing strategy that was truly tailored for the outdoor industry and saved us thousands of dollars." Karl Zainitzer, Owner Xtreme Outdoors
Challenge: Xtreme Outdoors is an up and coming hunting show that produces DVD's and the Huntin Hard TV Show. They came to VerbComm looking to improve and utilize the web to accomplish three main goals:
- Increase awareness of their new television show
- Sell more DVD's
- Character Building
To this point, Xtreme Outdoors had done very little web marketing other than a basic website. Feeling overwhelmed with the whole idea, but knowing they had to start utilizing the internet to promote their company, they choose VerbComm to give them the direction they were looking for.
Solution: After doing an in-depth analysis of the Xtreme website and their three main goals, VerbComm determined that there were several major problems that Xtreme was facing.
- While having a TV show and selling DVD's, there was very little video available on the current site and the video that was available was difficult to locate.
- The site did not do a good job of telling the Xtreme story or setting themselves apart from competitors.
- The current site was overwhelming with all the field staff and did not focus on the main characters. The current site did not do a good job of letting users get to know the main characters.
- Xtreme was doing no online marketing, email marketing or any type of social networking.
Focusing on the 4 major issues facing the Xtreme team and the three main goals, VerbComm developed a complete online marketing package including:
- Website Redesign - VerbComm would develop and design a new website that would focus on the three main goals while paying attention to the major issues facing the Xtreme team. The new site would incorporate much more video along with an attractive design that would appeal to sponsors and general users. The new design would focus on character building of the two main characters while telling the Xtreme story
- Search Engine Optimization - VerbComm manages both the organic search engine optimization services and paid search services for the Xtreme Outdoors company. Successfully balancing these approaches ensures that Xtreme receives maximum exposure at the best media price.
- Email Marketing - Permission based email supports advertiser outreach with notifications regarding upcoming shows, specials, speaking engagements, successful hunts and new promotions.
- MySpace and YouTube Design & Management - Social Media Marketing was the hottest trend in interactive in 2007, and it hasn't slowed down a bit in 2008. Established technologies like blogs and message boards have taken on a new emphasis. Social networking sites like Myspace and YouTube have developed huge audiences, and smart brands are learning to use them to recruit brand fans. Many companies make the mistake of not coordinating all of their branding and marketing efforts and sometimes fall into the trap of setting up social networking sites that don't have the consistent brand message. VerbComm seamlessly coordinated all of Xtreme's online marketing efforts to carry the company's brand.